Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Spoleto, Mom

Looking for the perfect gift for Mom this Mother's Day? Spoleto is offering a deal for the perfect gift: When you purchase one ticket to Rossini's La Cenerentola, you can bring your mom for half price. Pretty cool, right? Performances of this comic opera will be held at the Gaillard Auditorium on May 23, 25, 30, and June 6. Tickets start at $20 and the offer is good until May 10.

To purchase tickets, go to Spoleto's Web site, call 843-579-3100, or stop by the ticket kiosk at the Gaillard Auditorium, which is open from 10am-6pm.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year :-( so if you go, I want to hear all about it! Email me at jessica@festivalpreview.com or add me on MySpace or Facebook. (Seriously, add me on Facebook if nothing else--I only have FP friends on there! Then make my day and join the FP group :-) Tell your mom to add me too. I'll wish her a happy Mother's Day.)

----------
P.S. Here are some Amazon.com samples of some of the more notable arias from the opera in case you're unfamiliar with it:

"Si, ritrovarla io giuro" as sung by Raùl Giminéz

"Nacqui All Affano...Non Più Mesta"

4 comments:

Contessa ChiChi said...

Thank Dog, are you really going to be reporting on Spoleto festival? I won't be able to get down there this year. Thanks for doing this!

Jessica said...

Hi, Contessa. Thanks for the comment. We will be providing remote coverage news on Spoleto this year. Stay tuned!

Contessa ChiChi said...

Why, thank you, Miss Jessica (I bows), for your lovely note. I'll be checking in here to see whatcha got covered. Is it fair to say I'm into choral music? Heard anything about Antioch Chamber Ensemble?

p.s. When you hear Antioch sing, you'll know you died.. ;>

Jessica said...

I have not yet heard about the Antioch Chamber Ensemble. I'll have to look them up. Thanks for the recommendation.